Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I'm back!! With something new to view.

Hello world, here I am, bringing you some good news and some bad news. Well the bad news is that I didn't make it to the next round in the Supreme team contest. But really, that's ok. I just do it for the fun of it. There were some really awesome layouts. The only thing that I was a little disappointed about was that no one commented on how I cut out the word dream from a piece of paper and used both the cut out word and the paper I cut it out from. I saw that technique a while ago and thought it was so cool. So I tried to do it myself and I was able to. My first try and I thought it looked so neat, but no one noticed. Oh well. The good news is that my Sis Patchas made it to the next round. She is just so good. I love everything she does.

Well, I said I have something new to view and I do. I got a new kit from Stone Accents Studio and I made 2 layouts with it. The kit is Midnight Silhouette by Cathy C. She is one of the new designers at SAS. I really loved this kit. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had the perfect picture for it. I had fun working with the kit and I just love how my second layout came out. (Well actually it was the one I made first but is listed here second). All the pictures are of my oldest grandaughter and were taken last year, the day after her 4th birthday. She is a real girly girl. Her favorite color is pink and she whines if she doesn't have something pink to wear. And she just adores cinderella. I think she must have every single cinderella thing that was ever made. Even her bedroom is cinderella decorated. She has a cinderella border around the room with a giant cinderella castle on one wall. So when I saw these cinderella things for her I was thrilled.



Well, that's it for today. Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

Kerri said...

Hello Elaine,
I found you quite by accident, through your sisters blog, who has just registered at the Digital Arts Cafe (you might want to check us out there too!)
I just wanted to say, I loved reading your blog and your layouts are beautiful. I love how you cut the paper! Not sure I could do that...
Thanks for showing your work.
Hugs
Kerri