Thursday, February 26, 2009

Switching it up

The thing that takes me the longest when doing a layout is choosing what picture or pictures to use. That is, when I have a specific kit to work with. I mean I have tons of photo's (that haven't been scanned yet) but I always look at what is already on my computer. So this week when I was looking through my pictures I came across these really old photo's of my grandmother and aunt. I had gotten these pictures after my aunt had passed away and when my sister was here visiting, she scanned them. The first photo is of my grandmother when she was a young girl. She was really a beautiful girl and look at the dress she is wearing. It must have been taken in either the late 1800's or very early 1900's as my father was born in 1917 and he wasn't her first child. For my second layout I choose 2 pictures of my aunt betty. It looks like she was a toddler in these pictures. Look at her hair. She is beautiful. I wish the pictures were in color as she was a redhead and I would of loved to see what it looked like when she was this young. The kit I used for these two layouts is the February 2009 Oriental Cherry Blossoms Mega by the SAS-y Design Team. So other than that, it's still kind of chilly here, and my youngest daughter told me today thats it's 100 days until graduation day.




No comments: